South of Perth Yacht Club is a vibrant club located 5 minutes from Perths’ CBD. The Club provides jetties, pens and storage for 750 vessels; travel lift and maintenance facilities, launching ramp, boat lift cranes, fuel facilities and food and beverage services to members. Car parking, grounds and gardens are also amenities that make up the club environs.
A new role of Facilities Superintendent has been created to manage the assets and the services available to members. Your job will be to co-ordinate, action and oversee all aspects of the maintenance and development of club facilities and support the General Manager on a day-to-day basis, in providing excellent services and amenities to Club members.
The functions of the role are:
- To manage the day to day operations required for the effective running of the Clubs’ operations including the Works Committee and Pens & Moorings Committee requirements.
- To provide the highest level of support to club members and to operate and deliver safe, efficient and cost-effective services.
- Manage a small team of maintenance staff (Bosuns), oversee contractors providing services to SoPYC , and support the volunteer bosuns coordinator in the maintenance tasks and duties conducted by Club volunteers throughout the marina, buildings and on-water assets and facilities
- To manage the club facilities including water pens, land pens and all vessel maintenance to a high standard of safety and efficiency.
- To ensure all maintenance jobs are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To effectively manage all maintenance required for the clubs building infrastructure
- Coordinate and oversee all pen, moorings and boat facilities maintenance
- Coordinate and oversee all building and land facilities maintenance
- Manage, coordinate and maintain all club owned vessels and club moorings/sailing marks
- Provide support to Club events
- Manage and maintain fuel facilities, sullage facilities and waste management services
- Manage the Environmental Management Plan
- Liaise with Government Officials and Departments that affect the regulatory and legislative obligations of the Club
- Security Management which includes CCTV and access systems
- Manage and oversee Occupational Health and Safety and Emergency management of the Club facilities
- Support and deputise for the General Manager as required and assist in the providing excellent services and amenities to Club members.
- Excellent planning and time management
- Ability to prioritise jobs.
- Skills and disciplines to effectively manage staff
- Understanding of financial information and knowledge of budgeting
- Good customer relations skills
- Knowledge of yacht clubs operating systems
- Knowledge of boating – sail and power
- Ability to problem solve and respond quickly to challenging situations
- Understanding of not for profit organisations and working with Committees
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health and Worksafe regulations
To succeed in this role, ideally you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Skills with both Microsoft Word and Excel and other software packages such as membership data bases, marina data bases and asset management systems
- A great personality and ability to get on with members and contractors
Hours of Work will be:
Monday to Friday business hours. Monthly committee meetings, which take place out of office hours and be on call with other bosuns to respond to maintenance and emergency situations after hours and weekends. There will be occasions when you will be required to attend weekend functions for Club events.
For further information or enquiries about the position please contact General Manager David Harries on 9364 5844.
Confidential applications addressed to:
General Manager, South of Perth Yacht Club
Applications close at 5.00pm on 11th September, 2020