South of Perth Yacht Club is a vibrant club located 5 minutes from Perths’ CBD. The Club provides jetties, pens and storage for 750 vessels; travel lift and maintenance facilities, launching ramp, boat lift cranes, fuel facilities and food and beverage amenities for members.
To assist with the management of the services offered to members and the assets of the club, South of Perth Yacht Club is seeking an Administration Assistant to support the newly created role of Facilities Superintendent. Your job will be to provide administrative support to the Facilities Superintendent and the Pens & Mooring Committee.
The functions of the role are:
- To assist in planning to ensure all maintenance jobs are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To ensure all charges relating to club facilities including pens & moorings, hardstand, land pens, maintenance and any other invoicing or charges are completed withing the club’s administrative time-frames.
- To ensure all members who use the facilities are aware of and comply to the requirements set down in the club’s rules, policy’s and regulations.
- Conduct all administration functions required for the members’ use of pens, land pens and moorings facilities
- Coordinate and plan bookings for hard stand area
- Assist with planning of all on-water and off-water and building maintenance functions
- Procure items and services for the planned and unplanned maintenance
- Assist with all clerical requirements including but not limited to invoicing, job costing, time-sheets etc.
- Compile operating procedures for all functions within Club operations
- Liaise with members and non-members for all enquiries relating to club facilities
- Assist with liaising with Government officials and Departments as required
- Pens and Moorings Committee Functions
- Provide support to Club events
The skills required:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with members, contractors and visitors at all levels
- Ability to think quickly and resolve issues.
- Skills with both Microsoft Word and Excel and other software packages such as membership and marina data bases, asset management systems, WordPress and Adobe software
- High level of accuracy when checking documentation
- Ability to learn yacht club operating systems
- Understanding of not for profit organisations and working with Committees
- Basic knowledge of Occ Safety & Health and Worksafe regulations
To succeed in this role, ideally you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Website CMS experience
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- A great personality and while desirable, but not essential, boating knowledge
Hours of Work will be:
Monday to Friday business hours. Monthly committee meetings, which take place out of office hours and occasional weekends for Club events.
For further information or enquiries about the position please contact General Manager, David Harries on 9364 5844.
Confidential applications addressed to:
General Manager, South of Perth Yacht Club
Applications close at 5.00pm on 11th September, 2020