Cruising in Company is a fantastic way to meet like-minded people whilst exploring our waterways. The Cruising Group regularly travels to many beautiful destinations from Mandurah to Hillary’s & beyond. Cruise events are organized from October to April and are fun for the whole family. With powerboats and sailboats ranging in size from 18 foot to over 50 foot and cruising speeds of 6 to 26 knots, it’s not the speed or size that matters, it’s the company.
Formed due to a growing demand by couples and families taking up boating and looking to cruise in company.
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Cruising Section activities include escorted convoy cruises to coastal yacht clubs and marinas, progress dinners on member boats, raft-ups, group land tours, boatman-ship advice, training and education, jetty parties and much more!
We strive to offer members the opportunity to:
- Meet and welcome new members
- Forge new friendships in a relaxed social atmosphere
- Explore and gain knowledge of our beautiful waterways
- Encourage member participation in SoPYC activities & events
CRUISE WITH US
Joining the Cruising Section is free and open to all members of the SoPYC. We encourage all SoPYC members to join us, new or old, looking to expand their boating and social horizons, to join the Section. Email us here or check out the Cruising Section Facebook Group page here.
Event Calendar 2019
To book an upcoming event email us here.
Event galleries – click on the links below
- Cruise to Pig Trough Bay 19 May 2019
- Cruise to Quindalup Easter 2019
- Pirate Raid on FSC 23 March 2019
- Cruise To Mandurah Long Weekend 2 – 4 March 2019
- Rottnest Overnight Cruise 9 – 10 February 2019
- Progressive Dinner 19 January 2019
- Cruising Section Committee Christmas Function 2018
- Up River Cruise 20 October 2018
- Cockburn Power Boat Association Overnight Cruise 22-24 September 2018
- Cruise to Fremantle Sailing Club – 19 August 2018