There are 3 powerboat courses on the Australian Sailing Pathway.
Recreational Skipper’s Ticket (RST)
|The RST is a nationally-recognised certificate of competency which shows that the holder has the minimum knowledge and practical skills needed to operate a powerboat safely. It is the minimum qualification needed to operate a powerboat in Western Australia.The course material covers practical driving skills, trip planning, boat maintenance, safety equipment and dealing with emergency situations.|
National Powerboat Handling
|This course is designed to improve your boat handling skills, especially in confined areas such as Marina’s and in swell and waves. You will also learn more about engines and types of craft, and practice navigation techniques on a passage.|
Safety Boat Operator
|This course provides the skills needed to support water-based activities at clubs, schools and outdoor recreation centres. Over 12 hours you’ll learn about race course design, practice on-water rescue of dinghies and multi-hulls, and even get an awareness of techniques to support kite surfers and kayaks.|
Enrol in Courses
Saturday, 09th March 2019
09th March 2019
@ 09:00 AM
- Saturday 9th March, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Members Price: $220.00
Places available: 10
Thursday, 04th April 2019
04th April 2019
@ 04:00 PM
- Thursday 4th April, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Thursday 11th April, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Members Price: $300.00
Places available: 12
Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST) Course $220.00
A time for the practical assessment will be organised during the theory evening.
Prior to taking the assessment, you will need to provide:
- Proof of eyesight requirement or Driver License.
- Self-declaration of medical fitness.
- Proof of identity.
- Letter of consent (if younger than 18 years old).
Information on each of the requirements is provided below.
- Eyesight Declaration and Declaration of Medical Fitness – Recreational Skippers Ticket
- Pro Forma Letter of Consent – Recreational Skippers Ticket
There are 3 components required to complete the course.
1. Study prior to the course by reading and filling in the quizzes in the RST Workbook. The book can be downloaded below, picked up from the On Water Group Office or posted to you on request by emailing email@example.com
2. Attend a 3-hour theory session consisting of 2 hours of revision followed by a 30min written assessment.
3. Attend a 40min practical assessment per participant.
National Powerboat Handling Course $300.00
The course consists of 2 theory sessions and a 40min practical component.
Practical: Time to be organised at the theory evening.
Once you have enrolled in the course you will need to complete the National Powerboat Handling workbook before attending the first theory session. The workbook can be collected from the On Water Group Office or posted on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety Boat Operator Course $350.00
This is a full day course including both theory and practical on water training.
You need to read the workbook prior to the training day. The workbook can be collected from the On Water Group Office.
Course date is yet to be scheduled. Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com
Please note during the training you will be required to get into the water to perform a practice rescue so bring your wet weather gear and a change of clothes.