This Course is designed to provide a safe and enjoyable introduction to Dinghy sailing for complete beginners. The Course includes an introduction to fundamental boat handling skills and essential safety knowledge.
Cost : $300.00
Start Sailing 1 & 2 Course Dates
No more courses this season, please check back later for next summer season’s dates!
When I’m on the water I can……
- Dress for the conditions including the right PFD, sunscreen, hat and footwear
- Swim 50 meters in a PFD
- Right a capsized boat
- Leave and return back to the beach
- Be towed around behind a rescue boat
- Avoid other boats
- Recognise the ‘no-go zone’
- Reach around a figure of 8 and a sausage course
- Stop my boat and get it going again
- Pull my mainsheet in without using my teeth!
- Steer using my tiller extension when I’m paddling or being towed
- Tack my boat facing forward and changing my hands behind my back
And when I’m on shore I can……
- Name the main parts of my boat
- Tie a ‘figure of 8’ knot
- Identify where the wind is coming from
- Rig and de-rig my boat with assistance