Date: August 13th
The course provides an excellent general grounding in first aid and will enable you to perform appropriate first aid procedures and basic life support skills. This unit satisfies training requirements across a range of community and workplace settings.
Provide First Aid is recommended for anyone wanting to learn essential first aid skills or those needing a formal first aid certificate for work.
St John Ambulance recommends that you refresh your first aid training every 12 months.
This is also in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines that state CPR skills should be refreshed every 12 months.
The Provide First Aid training course includes a cluster of three (3) Units of Competence:
- HLTAID009- Provide CPR
- HLTAID010- Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011- Provide First Aid
On successful completion of the course, learners will be provided with a Statement
of Attainment that includes the following:
- HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
- Learners will be required to provide their Unique Student Identifier (USI) number prior to
the commencement of the course (usi.gov.au to register).
- Learners will require sufficient language and literacy skills to complete the online
component and write a report of an incident.
- Learners must have the necessary health and fitness to carry out the assessment
requirements which are to complete continuous 2 minutes of CPR on an adult manikin
kneeling on the floor and 2 minutes of continuous CPR on an infant manikin. Some learners
may find the physical aspects of this training strenuous. Please discuss any injuries or
physical limitations, with the RTO staff prior to enrolment.
- Learners MUST complete a series of pre-course online training modules (via an online
portal that may take 3-4 hrs to complete) prior to attendance of the classroom phase of
- Due to the nature of the course learners are required to wear comfortable and loose
fitting attire including; enclosed flat shoes, slacks and loose fitting shirt/t-shirt for both
males and females.
Cost: $110/$130 – Member/Non-Member