This course aims to build on skills learned in Tackers 2 and/or the green fleet training. The course focuses on advanced sailing skills through games and adventures on the water.
The course cost is $320 and is a 20 hour course run over 4 x 5 hour lessons.
- Water confident
- 7-12 years-old
- Skills, knowledge and experience gained in Tackers 2
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for participants who have completed Tackers 2 or are sailing in the green fleet and would like to do a consolidated block of training.
By the end of the Tackers 3 course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct method and understand the theory of roll tacking and gybing
- Stop the boat in a confined area for a period of time
- Sail backwards
- Understand the theory behind gybing and can demonstrate the action downwind
- Show a sound knowledge of the five essentials:
- Centreboard position
- Boat trim
- Boat balance
- Course made good
- Sail trim
- Start and finish races on a triangle and trapezoid course
- Use tactical mark roundings in races
You will gain your Tackers 3 completion certificate.
Tackers 3 – Sailing Fast Course Dates
Check back for dates