28 May 2019
South of Perth Yacht Club is announced as a winner of two awards at the Club Marine Marina of the Year awards.
“Club of the Year” and “Environmental Initiative by a Marina”.
David Harries and Jessica Oakley attended the MIA Marinas19 International Conference and Trade Exhibition and accepted the two Awards at the Awards Dinner on behalf of the Club.
24 April 2019
Club Marine Marina of the Year Finalists Announced
Judging has been completed for the 2019/2020 Club Marine Marina of the Year Awards conducted every two years by the Marina Industries Association (MIA). MIA CEO Colin Bransgrove said there were entries from four countries reflecting particularly strong competition in the International Marina of the Year Award category; one of 10 categories in total. “All entrants are to be congratulated in taking the time to reflect on their business direction; their plans, actions and outcomes and to document this in a succinct manner for the judge’s consideration,” he said.
MIA first conducted these awards in 2002 and the participation and interest in the awards has grown steadily over this time. The following is the list of finalists who will each receive a finalist award certificate at the Awards Dinner.
- Commercial Marina under 140 Boats – Rivergate Marina & Shipyard, QLD; Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, QLD
- Commercial Marina 140 Boats & Over – Abell Point Marina, QLD
- Club of the Year – Southport Yacht Club, QLD; South of Perth Yacht Club, WA; Royal Motor Yacht Club, NSW
- International Marina – Bay of Islands Marina, NZ; Sanya Serenity Marina, China; Westhaven Marina, NZ
- Marina Restaurant – Southport Yacht Club, QLD
- Environmental Initiative by a Marina – South of Perth Yacht Club, WA
- Community Engagement by a Marina – Abell Point Marina, QLD
- Innovation by a Marina – Gold Coast City Marina & Shipyard, QLD
- Boat Yard under 20 Boats – Fenwicks Marina, NSW; White Bay 6 Marine Park, NSW
- Boat Yard 20 Boats & Over – Rivergate Marina & Shipyard, QLD; The Yard, QLD
The winners of each category will be announced at the Dinner and they will receive a trophy to be presented by MIA Chairman Andrew Chapman and a senior Club Marine representative.
As one of the judges for the Awards Club Marine CEO Simon McLean commented on the excellent level of participation “Club Marine are actively involved in the marine industry and as an insurer these Awards give us a good opportunity to understand issues that play an important part in encouraging and promoting good business practices and procedures as well as supporting the goals of the MIA.”
The black-tie Club Marine Marina of the Year Awards Dinner will be held on the last night of the Marinas19 International Conference and Trade Exhibition on Tuesday 28 May 2019.