Club History

South of Perth Yacht Club was founded on 18 December 1945 with the official opening of the Clubhouse at Olives Reserve on 18 November 1946.

 

Frank Sampson was appointed the first Commodore, until 1949.

 

In 1960 the club was relocated to where it now resides at Coffee Point on the western shore of the Canning River in Applecross.

 

From early beginnings, the club has developed into what we see and enjoy today.