A lot of our sailors attended the Sail Freo event over the weekend which was a gruelling 8 race regatta. The conditions were fantastic with 10-15 knot seabreezes and nice waves.
Special mention to SoPYC members:
- Youri with a 1st in the Optimist Silver
- Murray with a 1st in the Optimist Gold
- Flynn with a 2nd in the Open Skiff
- Ryan and Merrick 5th in the 505
- David Luketina 1st in the Laser Radial
- Stefan and Michael 1st and 2nd in the Laser Standard
- Sam and Jamie 3rd in the 29er
- Rod and Team taking 1st in the Vipers
- Aiden and Ben: 4 & 5th in the Windfoil class
And congratulations to all the other sailors who competed, particularly those who had their first regatta in the ocean. If you didn’t have a great regatta, the good news is that sailing is a very long sport, and you will have many more opportunities. So, take some notes on areas you can improve on and setup a plan with your coach.
Full Results are here