South of Perth Yacht Club is looking looking for an energetic Digital Media and Marketing Officer with excellent graphic design skills and website management experience and content writing skills. The role has lots of variety and needs a person with fresh ideas, ability to work under pressure and with a small team in a very busy environment.
The day to day duties of the role include website updates, social media, the weekly electronic newsletter, club publications in print and digital formats, designing marketing and promotional posters, and supporting various committees to attract and retain members and sponsor programmes.
To succeed in the role, you will need:
- Good knowledge in the Microsoft 365 and Adobe Suites (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Creative Cloud).
- Competency with Canva, WordPress and Mailchimp, Mailpoet and creating mailouts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills
- Creativity, originality and a desire to engage with members and guests
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and an appreciation of the age groups that use different forms of communication
- Optimizing Google Analytics, SEO, SEM
- Fantastic writing skills, an understanding of membership-based organisations with a broad range of members with diverse expectations
- Excellent time management skills
You will be expected to:
- Create and design engaging promotional, informational and marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, magazines, social media graphics, and mailouts
- Manage the Clubs brand on stationery, publications, clothing, signage and food and beverage materials and documents.
- Liaise with Grand Sponsors and corporate sponsors and get them onboard with marketing initiatives, bringing new ideas and initiatives to the table
- Provide general administration support
- Be the first point of contact for our website and social media platforms assisting work colleagues and committee chairmen with content management and uploads
- Monitor social media involvement daily
- Daily updates of website and social media platforms
- Provide reception relief (if required)
To be considered for this position you must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
To express an interest in the role please forward your resume, cover letter and some examples of your work to: General Manager, South of Perth Yacht Club
Applications close on the 16th of September however, selection may commence earlier.