South of Perth Yacht Club is a successful member owned Yacht Club located on the Swan River in Applecross. We are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant/ Senior Accounts Receivable Officer reporting directly to the Finance Manager. This position is a combination of the traditional accounts’ receivable role with accounting to balance sheet stage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Debtor Management and Accounts Receivable processing;
- Resolving member account queries;
- Weekly Payroll processing including ensuring that timesheets are completed and verified;
- Maintain monthly fuel reconciliation and pricing adjustments as required;
- Daily reconciliation of POS and Cash transactions;
- Daily bank reconciliation;
- Monthly reconciliation of General Ledger Suspense Accounts;
- Preparation of Quarterly BAS; Monthly Payroll Tax, PAYG and SGC returns;
- Monthly Member Invoicing and Statement generation.
Key Skills and experience required:
- 5 years + experience working in Accounts Receivable and Debtor Management;
- 3 years + experience General Ledger reconciliation experience;
- 3 years + experience in payroll preparation;
- Intermediate skills level with Microsoft Office applications;
- Hospitality / Food & Beverage business experience.
- Previous experience working with MPower MSL software;
- Previous experience working in a membership organization;
- High level organisational, time management and problem solving skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail with accuracy and numbers;
- Able to work autonomously, meet deadlines and work unsupervised;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people;
- High level work ethic;
- Approachable, professional and friendly.
- Must be eligible to work in Australia and be a current resident.
Please apply by emailing your current resume and covering letter demonstrating your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 11th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.